Terms & Conditions
By joining our school you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions, which will allow us to provide the best service and tuition to all our students.
- Regular attendance is required. Please inform Harper Martial Arts if you cannot make classes for any reason.
The correct PUMA uniform should be worn, and it should be clean and pressed.
- No jewellery or watches are permitted during the lessons.
- With prior permission from the instructor, indoor martial arts shoes or plimsolls may be worn in the short term if you have a foot condition which makes barefoot training difficult or unhygienic (such as bad blisters or verucca’s).
- Classes may already be running when you arrive, so please wait quietly outside the training area until called into the hall by an instructor.
- Students must not change clothing or eat in the training hall. All changing of clothing should be done in the provided changing areas.
- Always inform the instructor of any injuries you may have or if you feel unwell.
- For safety, finger and toe nails should be kept short.
- Students are encouraged to bring a bottle of water to training. There may be drink breaks during the class.
- Students should not eat whilst exercising.
- Do not use or let your children use any equipment without the permission of the instructor.
- Any equipment not belonging to Harper Martial Arts must not be touched unless permission is given by the instructor. Any damage to this equipment will have to be paid for.
- All students must have a current PUMA licence and membership book. Students will not be permitted to train without a valid licence.
- Licence Books need to be brought to every class and signed by the instructor, as this is also your training record.
- Look after your licence book. Any damaged licence books will have to be replaced at the cost of the student.
- After training for a number of years your licence book may be full. Any completed licence books will be replaced for free.
- Annual licence renewal reminders will be issued by Harper Martial Arts but it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that their licence is renewed on time.
- Parents of children attending the Little Puma classes are required to stay for the duration of the class.
- Parents of junior Taekwon-do students are encouraged to watch the classes. Experience has shown that students whose parents take an active interest progress further and faster.
- Spectators should ensure that noise levels are kept low, so that the children can give their full attention to the instructors.
- If you are a parent of a child aged 7+ and are unable to stay for the lesson, please wait with your child until the class starts. Please also arrive to collect your child before their class finish time, as instructors cannot take responsibility for any child not directly taking part in the lesson.
- Parents must supervise small children at all times.
- To comply with our Child Safeguarding Policy, absolutely no photography or filming of the class is permitted.
- Sparring safety equipment is to be brought to every training session.
- All sparring equipment must be purchased through Harper Martial Arts. Our insurance only covers students using equipment which has been approved for use by the Professional Unification of Martial Arts (PUMA).
- Any student who has purchased sparring equipment elsewhere will not be permitted to use it for sparring and will be asked to replace it, at their own expense.
- All sparring safety equipment is compulsory, including gum shield, groin guard (for males), shin and forearm pads. For safety and insurance reasons, any student not wearing the full set of safety equipment will not be permitted to spar.
- Any students with fixed braces are still required to wear a gum shield for sparring. Gum shields for students with braces can be obtained from the instructor.
- Junior students will require regular changes to their gum shield as their teeth change. This will require regular re-moulding and renewing of their gum shield. Any ill-fitting gum shields will result in the student not being permitted to spar.
- Students will be required to have a full set of sparring equipment within nine months of the start of their training.
Membership and training Fees
- Membership subscriptions shall be due and payable on the 1st day of each month.
- All monthly payments of training fees will be made via direct debit and can be terminated with one month’s notice in writing by either the payee or Premier Martial Arts. Email notifications of termination are acceptable.
- Family discounts apply to immediate family members only, defined as parents, couples, children of parents or siblings in one family.
- Payment is to be made on a monthly basis regardless of level of attendance. Missed lessons may be made up where a suitable class is available. Instructors and venue may vary and the timetable is subject to change.
- Training Fees each and every month, including any holidays. Failure to do so could result in termination of your membership.
- No refund of training fees will be permitted for non attendance of lessons.
- Our classes run for 48 weeks of the year, with a two week break in the summer and two weeks for Christmas. Training fees are calculated for 48 weeks training but paid on a monthly basis.
- All students and parents of students agree to observe the membership rules designed for the mutual benefit of all members. Premier Martial Arts reserves the right to withdraw all membership rights from any member who fails to abide by these rules.
- In case of a fire, please follow the instructor’s directions.
- If you need to contact us during class times please ring 07812 126572 and leave a message; we will endeavour to check these between classes.
- As the grades and development of our students changes, class times may change to allow a more even spread of students in the classes. Students may be required to move into a more advanced class as they progress with their training.
- In the event that there is a problem with the current training location, classes may move to alternative venue temporarily. We will endeavour to give as much notice as possible of any changes but we cannot be held responsible for amendments are beyond our control.
- Any unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in those people being asked to leave.
- Harper Martial Arts reserve the right to cancel memberships at any time and for any reason, and to refuse new applications for membership.
- Please feel free to speak to any of the instructors about any concerns, comments or complaints and we will do our best to resolve any issues. It is extremely important to us that you are happy with your training and membership, and we welcome your feedback on how things are going.